“Carpet cleaning is just like exercise!” explains the Carpet and Rug Institute, “If you get into a routine and keep it up, you’ll see great results and feel better for it.”
Floors by George endorses the Carpet and Rug Institute’s steps for carpet care:
- Vacuum regularly, from once daily for high traffic areas to once weekly for low traffic spots.
- Clean spots and spills quickly.
- Step one: Absorb spills by blotting with a clean, dry white cloth or paper towel, not by rubbing or scrubbing.
- Step two: Treat spots or stains from the outside in to prevent spreading.
- Stop dirt at the door with doormats and by taking off your shoes. Also, change your home’s air filters regularly.
- Professionally deep clean your carpets once every 12 to 18 months.
For more information, visit www.carpet-rug.org. For brand-specific information, please visit your carpet manufacturer’s website.